Weight training can boost your energy, trim your waist, and help you tone your appearance to the way you have always wanted. However, lifting weights can cause serious injury if not done correctly. Follow the tips below to ensure your weight training routine is a safe routine.
- Always stretch before and after your workout. Stretching warms up the muscles and helps to prevent injury.
- Before you start lifting warm up your body and muscles with a few minutes of light cardio.
- You want to make sure you always wear a good pair of sneakers with bottoms that have nice traction. Good shoes will prevent you from slipping and losing your balance when lifting.
- When lifting heavy weight over your head or performing other major lifting exercises you should always have a spotter.
- Always have your Sitaras Fitness trainer show you how to properly perform exercises and how to use the different machines. Performing exercises and using machines without knowing the correct techniques could put you at risk of suffering an injury.
- When learning new lifting routines, always start with a light weight, then once you have mastered the correct form you may add on to the weight.
- Be careful when you are dropping weights. If dropped too hard they can bounce and hit another person around you. You should also give yourself an ample amount of space so you do not injure others around you.
Before you start any new workout regimen, you should always consult your Sitaras Fitness personal trainer, so they can help you establish realistic fitness goals.