Keeping your calorie tracking easy and simple is the best way to ensure that you continue with a routine of recording your process. Reaching your personal fitness goals through calorie tracking does not have to be hard if you use the right methods to simplify it.
How you can keep calorie tracking easy
- Decide whether your goal is to lose weight or improve your nutrition. If your goal is weight loss you may want to focus on tracking calories alone. When you keep track of how many proteins or dairy products you eating in addition to counting calories it may complicate your recording process.
- There may be times when you are not able to get the exact number of calories for a food that you may have eaten. When this happens there are many online tools and apps available on your cell phone that you can use to get an estimate of what you have eaten.
- You want to make sure that you are keeping track of everything that you eat. If you don’t have anything available to record down what you have eaten keep a mental note of it and as soon as you are able to write it down do it. Then add this entry to your food journal.
- To make your recording process easier you may want to find a system for abbreviating the foods that you have eaten. The less hassle that is in your recording process the more likely you are to continue recording your calories.
- List your favorite foods that you love to eat and take note of how many calories they are. This gives you something that you can easily refer to and quickly place into your journal to record.
At Sitaras Fitness, we offer you certified personal trainers that can make suggestions for ways to improve your eating habits and make modifications to your current food plan. We understand how to effectively encourage healthy eating to help you reach your personal fitness goals.